an open letter to the television channels i watch
Dear head honchos at various networks,
I am writing to beg you to remove the following commercials from your channels:
- Comfort fabric softener: Maybe it's got something to do with my fear of puppets, but please, for the love of god, get these diabolical things off my television:
- esure insurance: Michael Winner in drag. Words fail me.
- KFC "singing" ads: All of them make me cringe, but the latest one with the telephone operators singing with their mouths full just makes me queasy.
- Airwick "art gallery" ad: It's badly dubbed and I can't get over the fact that the piece of "art" that gets smashed is one of those glass blocks you put in bathroom windows (which probably explains why no one seems fazed when it's replaced by an air freshener).
- Daz laundry detergent: It was bad enough when these ads featured Julian Clary, but the current fake soap opera series is unbearably awful.
Thanking you in advance,