several pointless bulleted points
- I don't like fruit. Well, I don't like most fruit. I enjoy bananas, apples, strawberries, melon, and grapes, but I don't care for most other fruit. I don't understand desserts that focus on fruit, unless it's strawberry cheesecake or a crumble/pie. To me, fruit suspended in clear gelatin, blended into a fluffy mousse, or chucked into a bowl is not a dessert. If, however, you cover fruit in chocolate, then it's more than welcome at my table.
- Why is it that we spend 97% of the year complaining that the weather is rubbish, but when it's hot and sunny for 3% of the year, we find it intolerable and hope for rain to "break the heat"?
- The pregnant lady on "Lost" really hacks me off. No 8 months pregnant woman is that thin, has a gravity-defying bump that juts out at a 90 degree angle to the rest of her body, and can be out in the sun and heat all day long, especially while hoisting plane wreckage around a beach. This reminds me of the time I wanted to shout out "You call THAT a baby bump? WITH TWINS?!" during Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith.
- Our new car arrived today, but I won't get to see it until this evening. I can't drive it because it's a manual. Yes, that does make me feel slightly retarded.
- I wear lipstick a lot but unlike Gwen Stefani, I do not wear it while I exercise. That's just weird.
- I often find myself trying to think up email subject lines that don't sound like spam. For example, if I use the subject headings "Hello!", "Just checking in", "How are you?", or "Hey there!", my email might be overlooked or filtered to junk mail folders. Whenever I send a general message to someone that can't really be encapsulated by a pithy heading, I'm at a loss.