The lovely and talented Ms. Laputain tagged me on this one, so here we go!
7 things to do before I die:
- Go back to Italy and do a lot more travelling in general
- Eat a deep fried Mars bar (Note to self: this may actually cause death, so remember to do this one last.)
- Get a license to drive a manual car
- Have another baby
- Read all the books in my "to read" pile on my bookshelves
- Learn a third language
- Learn how to play the cello
7 things I cannot do:
- Refer to list above ;)
- Eat sprouts, pickled beetroot, and/or raw celery
- Ski (bad Canadian - BAD!)
- The splits
- Whistle using my fingers
- Open a bottle of wine with anything other than one of those corkscrews with the little arms
- Remember anything from my high school algebra class
7 things that attracted me to blogging:
- Knowing that every now and then, it would incite people to give me funny looks at the office the next day
- The prospect of someone finding me by searching for "my nose is a carrot"* and other unrelated Google hits *(actual hit for this month!)
- The hope that one day, someone will come up to me in the street and say "Hey, you're that blog from a broad lady! Please stop wasting valuable cyberspace with your idiotic ramblings."
- Blogging means never having to email, phone, text, or speak to anyone you know ever again because they all keep up to date on your life via your blog. Think of all the time and money saved!
- Because I can't find my diary and I can no longer write by hand.
- To increase my chances of having my very own fan club, or at the very least, a crazed stalker.
- Where else can you be eternally attractive and young but on the Internet? It's like the Blog of Dorian Grey.
7 things I say the most:
- Jack, don't eat that!!
- No, I'm not interested in double glazing.
- No, I'm not American.
- Have you seen the...? (due to my goldfish memory, I have no recollection where anything in this house may be)
- Was that you or the dog/baby?
- What day/month/year is it?
7 books I love:
- Flat Stanley (Brown)
- The Story of the Little Mole Who Knew it Was None of His Business (Holzwarth)
- Edible Woman (Atwood)
- History of the World in 10 1/2 Chapters (Barnes)
- Amsterdam (McEwan)
- Yes, I love all the Harry Potter books and I'm not ashamed to say so (Rowling)
- Ulysses (Joyce)
7 Movies I love:
- My Man Godfrey
- Star Wars series (minus Phantom Menace, which was just simply pants)
- LOTR (all three of 'em)
- Mystery Train
- Au Revoir Les Enfants
- The Matrix
If you'd like to play along too, please feel free to do so.
Post a Comment