ready steady blog
Here's my dilemma: I can't get to the supermarket before suppertime so I need to figure out what to make out of the contents of my kitchen cupboards. Please help - think of this as an interactive online experience that will undoubtedly enrich your life, make you better looking, and possibly help you lose 5-10 lbs.
- parmesan cheese
- various condiments (an assortment of mustards, mayonnaise, ketchup, and some suspicious-looking chutney that's probably out of date)
- a few vegetables: carrots, celery, mushrooms, potatoes, a bit of salad, and cucumber.
- some herbs: parsley, basil, mint, and coriander.
- cooked prawns
- ice cubes
- food for Jack stored in bags and little plastic tubs*
*(I'll only break into these in case of emergency)
- more herbs and spices than you can shake a stick at
- various oils and vinegars
- rice (basmati, brown long grain, and arborio)
- porcini mushrooms
- lots of alcohol
- tinned chickpeas
- baked beans
- one sad clove of garlic
- sushi rice, pickled ginger, wasabi paste, and seaweed (nori)
- miso soup
- tinned stock
- soba noodles
- several varieties of flour and many other things to make baked goods
Answers in the comments by 5pm GMT, please. If you come over to our house and cook for us, we'll provide wine.
Post a Comment