bits n' bobs
Heyho, haven't done the Friday Five for a while:
1. Do you enjoy the cold weather and snow for the holidays?
Cold weather no - snow, yes. See my snow nostalgia post here.
2. What is your ideal holiday celebration? How, where, with whom would you celebrate to make things perfect?
There's nothing better than being at home for the holidays, but I'm really looking forward to our first Christmas in the new house here. I dearly miss spending Christmas day at my Grandma and Grandpa's house in St. Catharines, Ontario.
3. Do you do have any holiday traditions?
My parents and I started doing stocking stuffers on Christmas Eve when I was a pre-teen (usually after the late night service at church - no really, I've been in one before). Paul and I are continuing this tradition with his parents this year.
4. Do you do anything to help the needy?
Not specifically for the holidays, although I try to do what I can throughout the year (e.g. donating loads of things to the Salvation Army).
5. What one gift would you like for yourself?
I could be really corny and say that I already have the best gift of all - the love of my boyfriend and my dog - but I won't. I am absolutely rubbish at thinking of gifts for myself, as Paul can attest to. I love being surprised and because I have such a crappy short term memory, I find myself being surprised quite often. I'm a bit like Dory in Finding Nemo, really.