The good news is, this year I don't have the plague. I had a little bit of a chesty thing a couple of weeks ago, but nothing a couple of extra pillows and a Sudafed couldn't fix. We had a brilliant time at Disneyland Paris and I thoroughly enjoyed letting someone else do the Christmas day catering for a change. Christmas was go this year, and I'm feeling very happy about that.
In keeping with annual tradition, it's time for my List of Stuff. I'm always astounded when I actually do something that was on my last List of Stuff, mostly because I promptly forget all about it as soon as I hit "Publish."
Here's last year's bulleted list:
- Getting stuck in a bit of a rut again and I'm starting to get bored. I need to find something new to do - take a course, go somewhere new, find a new hobby, take on a bit of extra work, etc.
- Totally and completely stop worrying about people who are not worth the energy, and focus a lot more on those who are. No matter how unjust, hurtful, or ridiculous some opinions are of me, they simply shouldn't matter. This is the only kind of detox that actually has any sort of purpose.
- See more dance/theatre. I've been gradually doing this more over the years and I absolutely love it. There is nothing like seeing a live performance. I was spoiled for choice back in Montreal and it's a bit more of a trek to see shows now, but it's only a short trip to London from here.
- Get back into running. Weirdly, I enjoyed running - it was good to get outdoors, just me and my brain. There is a 24 hour running marathon happening here in the summer (each person does a 4 mile circuit, I think) and I'd like to take part.
I came across this article via a friend and I love what she says about doing all the stuff you never got round to when you were younger. That's why I took up tap at age 44 and why I still want to learn how to play the cello one day. Give this a read.
Right so, this year:
- Keep the training/healthy eating going. I've managed to do this since April and I'm both shocked and pleased. This is the first time in many, many years that I haven't started out the year fatter than ever and full of regret. I want to be stronger and healthier.
- Run 10k in under an hour. Or maybe in an hour. I haven't decided yet.
- Go to Canada for a visit this summer. I miss home. Lots.
- I really need to finish that wrap thingy I started knitting ages ago. On a similar note, I'd like to get more into the yarny stuff and try out new things. Maybe I'll finally make a pair of socks.